Hello, There has been sun for two whole days and I have enjoyed it. However, they say the rain is returning tonight. BLAH
Oh well, we can't change it so just roll with it.
I have come up with the idea of a Challenge as a fund raiser. There is a $5.00 entry fee. This fee will go to the Quirion's who are working with the orphans at the Sara Lee Center in Swaziland, Africa.
This challenge is open to any style of art - quilting, mixed media, collage, paint. You name it and you can enter. It can be a card, a pillow, framed art, let your creative brain lead you to what you will enter. Please be careful not to use words, phrases, or images that would be a copywrite violation.
1. The theme is "The Window of Your Soul".
2. Sign up by July 31, 2009.
3. A low resolution picture of the completed project, no bigger than 4x6 inches, needs to be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 3, 2009.
4. The Winner will be notified on October 11, 2009.
5. The submitted pieces will be judged on creativity, style, neatness, and how well it fits the theme.
6. When submitting your picture, please send a paragraph explaining how your piece fits the theme. How does this reflect "The Window of Your Soul."
7. The entry email also needs to have your name, address, and email address.
8. The size of your piece of art is up to you. Remember though that only a low resolution 4x6 inch picture is what will be entered.
9. You can only submit one entry.
10. Make your check payable to Leadership for Africa and in the memo/subject line of the check write in Quirions. This is so that the money goes to them.
11. When you email to let me know you are entering this challenge; also mail, using the good old US Postal service, your check for the entry fee to:
870 China Road
Winslow ME 04901
First place will win a piece of art created by me. It will be a mixed-media assemblage piece.
Second place will receive two of my mini-art cards.
Third place will receive one mini-art card.