Friday, November 6, 2009

Walkin' in a winter wonderland


Hello all, it is a fantastic day here in Maine. Yesterday was our first snow storm and this morning it is beautiful outside. I've take pictures and if you are on Face book, you can go see them.


Last night I left the front outside light on, turned out the inside lights, and watched the snow fall in the night sky. Amazing is God's artistry. Imagine how much He cares for us seeing as he puts so much into making all those tiny snowflakes. Each flake is an individual and beautiful. He has done the same with us - each an individual and beautiful. Oh but He loves us so very much more than a snowflake. He loves us beyond our understanding and I am very thankful that He does.


As I sit here at the computer and gaze at the sky, I see clouds just zooming by. They are moving quickly and keep making amazing pictures framed by the window. It is sort of like looking into a Kalaidascope. Every changing and always a treat to the eye.

Speaking of ever changing, I have been making Christmas cards for the two Christmas Craft Shows that I will be doing this year. Thanksgiving weekend at the Augusta Civic Center and December 12 & 13 at the Augusta Armory. The ever changing part is that every card that I make is completely different from the last. This is putting my brain to the test as I want each piece of art to be unique. I do not make duplicates.


I have been shopping for Christmas charms, ribbons, bows, and ephemera. It was a bit difficult to think of Christmas when it was warm and it was not easy finding the items that I needed. But now, there is a plethora of what I need and I am on cloud nine.


I have been listening to Christmas music and singing carols. I think that I may even what a Christmas video today to help me get more in the holiday mood. In doing this, sometimes, I also get ideas. If you have any ideas for Christmas cards, please let me know. I am always open to new and unique ideas.


Well, I am off to create. Hmmmmm, what video should I watch?

Have an extra special day. I love you.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Pat! I think you should watch An Avonlea Christmas. You can borrow it from me if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete