Thursday, February 19, 2009




The snow is falling by the buckets full and I am sitting inside watching it fall while I create Easter cards. Not what you would think of as a setting for creating Easter things but it is for me. As I sit here with the wind blowing and the snow keeps coming down, I think that it is not much longer till Spring will be here. Close your eyes and imagine warm breezes, green grass, budding trees and blooming flowers. Ahh, what a nice "take me away moment." This is where my brain is today. I'm "tiptoeing throught the tulips" with my art supplies. It is a delight to be looking at bunnys and flowers, to touch soft fuzzy lambs, and swirl colors of pink, yellow and green.


I enjoy getting glue on my fingers and paint spots on my clothes. My table is covered with ribboms, lace, cards, charms and paper, paper, and more paper. I am in my element when there is a clutter of things in front of me. Creations blossoms out of the piles of of what some call chaos. Having a neat work space does not work for me. I work well when there is an abundance of ideas before me. Then I whittle it down to one thing at a time. Well, it's time to get back to work. I'm posting two of the Easter cards that I've created so far. Have a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment