Saturday, February 21, 2009

The envelope please.....

....and the winner is Deb Clark!

The winner was chosen by a random pick. So Deb, your card is on it's way.

It feels good to be creating again. I have been working on cards and enjoying the time spent with my treasures. One of the suggestions to get the creative juices flowing again was to stop working on my art and start organizing my supplies. Wow! It didn't take long and I was finding things that I wanted to work with. Now the organizing is put on hold and little pieces of art are being made. Thank you, Charlene, for the idea.

It is beautiful today and I wish I could walk through the woods and take pictures but the snow is too deep. The sky is such a pretty blue and there are some wispy clouds on the horizon. The wind is shaking the trees and snow is falling in which startles the birds resting on the branches. When I was filling the bird feeder, the birds were flying around and I could hear the soft flapping of their wings; such a gentle, peaceful sound. Hearing this has me thinking of how to convert that sound into a piece of art. How would you convert sound into a silent piece of art? And even so that it is silent, it speaks volumes!

Much can be said in silence. There is that quote, "a picture is worth a thousand words." This is one of the things that pleases me about my art. Each person that gazes at my art creates their own words about that piece of art. Some people have told me stories about a piece of art. Isn't it amazing that two people can look at one piece of art and come away with two completely different concepts. Little children are so very good at making stories from my art. Their minds are free. They have no preconceived ideas about what things should or should not be. They just let their thoughts flow and thus create.

Once again I must say good bye and get back to my art. Take care and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment