Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW and CREATING


Once again, it snowed on a Sunday night into Monday morning. As I listened to the news, people were griping about the snow. "It's March already. It shouldn't be snowing." I beg to differ. If you live in Maine, I would have to say, "Get used to it." It can snow into April.


Snow can be a pain in the patooty for some. However, I have been blessed that I am an artist. Since I don't have to travel to work, it is wonderful to stay home and create. My work table faces the big window in the living room. I was able to watch the snow and the birds raiding the feeder. I also get to watch my cats watching the birds.


Perhaps, I should use that as a piece of art. Make it look like a window looking outside with the cats inside. Hmmmm, nice idea. Maybe one day.


I have been creating and using my new Pazzles to make words and die cuts that I normally wouldn't be able to find. Purchasing the Pazzles (an electronic die cutting machine that hooks up the the computer.) has been a wonderful addition to my supplies. It is an expensive tool but it is paying for itself. No longer will I "have" to purchase dies or die cuts. I can make die cuts that can not be found elsewhere. Will I buy dies and stencils for my BigShot (personal die cutting machine)? Yes, because there will be dies and stencils that I enjoy working with. Dreamweaver Stencils and Spellbinder dies are two of my favorites to work with.


Using the Pazzles to create a die cut from a picture was much easier than I thought. Now I can also use my photography to make die cuts. I am having way too much fun.



Enjoy hearing from all of you. Take care of yourself and may God watch over you.

1 comment:

  1. I like the "cat looking out the window" idea.

    I've been trying not to complain about the snow. It IS still winter and it IS Maine. However, I can hear my bike down in the basement whining to be let out and my sympathies are running high!

    ReplyDelete